Sunday, March 29, 2009

SAFETY/RISK

What does it mean to serve and protect? Do any of us really know who have not taken that solemn oath to do so? Other than the families they leave behind every time they walk out the door, only to breath again when they return?
A lifeline for my little man, and so many others like him who live their lives with a UCD. The difference between life and death, health and illness, safety and risk. Take the time to learn about these disorders, if for no other reason but to become aware of something you never even knew was around you.

What does it take to walk the walk? To fill those shoes? Those are some mighty fine feet, my friends, and some shoes that have seen some action!


The latest photo assignment: SAFETY/RISK. I know, kind of a tough one, huh? But it is funny, because the more I thought about it, the more I realized that we live our lives each and every day with both safety and risk. Each and every one of us. It is just that some live with more risk than others, whether because of lifestyle choices, careers or chronic disorders, to name a few. And the chronic disorders and career examples affect my life every day, so they seemed the most obvious choices to use to complete this photo assignment. I did not have to wrack my brain to come up with something to photograph after all...I only needed to represent what I live with every day.
Where would you have pointed your camera if given this assignment?







No comments:

Post a Comment